Monday, March 5, 2012

Macro Monday - {Tampa Bay Photographer}

I know I say it all the time...I love my macro lens!  So I figured, why randomly post macro shots here and there throughout the week?  They should have a special day, so those of you who enjoy macro photography (and mine hopefully), will know to expect any macro shots on the newly dubbed Macro Monday!

Today's Macro Monday brings two images captured right outside my front door.  Yes, bugs.  What can I say.   I really like seeing these super tiny things up close!  And for the most part they are OUTside, not INside, so they don't "bug" me...parump ump!




We plant milkweed in the garden to attract Monarch butterflies, which lay their eggs on the plant.  The growing caterpillars eat the leaves and then find a place to nearby and transform into a beautiful Monarch, repeating the cycle!  This little guy wasn't any bigger than about an inch!  I honestly sat down to photograph the little flowers when I saw him in the shot.  My focus quickly shifted. 





This guy wasn't so little.  How the heck are the male mosquitos so BIG compared to the females?  At least they aren't the ones that bite!   ***CORRECTION  This is a Crane Fly often mistaken for a male mosquito.  Go figure!

8 comments:

  1. OOOHH I love Macro shots! these are great !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, Lori
    Now I want to scratch a mosquito bite I do not have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of macro Mondays!! And oh my goodness - those mosquitoes (or mosquito eaters as they're locally called)are literally one of the things I am most terrified of in my life. Great capture - but it's freaking me out!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a macro lens! These are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good images and I enjoyed the science lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool idea with Macro Mondays will be looking forward to see more great macro work from you! Great start to showing another form of photography!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew looking at photos of bugs could teach you something! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your macro photos aren't just the centers of flowers. ;) Great shots, can't wait to see more next Monday!

    ReplyDelete