Monday, June 18, 2012

Macro Monday - {Tampa Bay Beach Photographer}

It's been pretty hectic around the house the past couple of weeks and I'm afraid I've neglected my Macro Monday posts.  I hope that the change of scenery with this week's post makes up for it!  We had a chance to head down to visit very good friends in South Florida.  They moved this past year to Pompano Beach and we hadn't seen their new digs, and what AWESOME new digs they are! Condo on the beach, beautiful cool breeze all weekend - barely broke a sweat in the middle of June.  Can you believe that?   I was super inspired and shot so much.  I hope to share some of my landscapes that I did as well as the macro, but could be a few weeks before I get those done.

In the meantime - Here are a few of the things that I saw on the beach during my walks.  Sadly, not all was beautiful.  There was a lot of scattered liter in the seaweed building up on the shore - turtle nesting season, so no clearing of the beach during this time.  I don't remember ever seeing so much before and I've lived in Florida all my life.  The worst was a debris field of red solo cups from some not so environmentally responsible party goers the night before a couple of which seemed to still be on the beach at sunrise.   Fortunately there was more than enough beauty to make up for it all.

Old coral on the beach.  The brown part is the skeleton of sorts of the coral (white part) that remains.

Amazingly different textures in the coral "rocks" that make up a border along the walk way.  I could have done an entire post just on this alone!  Hmm - I just may have to go back! 



Beach sand spurs!  So that's what they look like up close.  My foot found one before I moved on as well.

Add caption



So fun to watch the water bubble up as waves pass over the little holes on the shore where little shelled creatures live.

Sadly, liter was abundant as well.


So many turtle nesting sites along the beach!  My friend told me that all the newer buildings have blue tinted glass to help stop the young hatchlings go for the light from the building windows.  Baby turtles follow the moonlight back to the water.  This blue glass is known as Turtle glass. 

A child's teddy bear shaped flip flop.  Although I'm sure left inadvertently after a day at the beach, this site was a little disturbing.

There were a number of little fish washed up on the shore as well.  This one was lying by a shell and blanketed by seaweed. 



15 comments:

  1. this makes me want to visit the beach so badly.... though the trash on the beach does make me sad, I don't understand why people can't clean up after themselves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was at the beach instead of the office!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love this! It makes me want to go to the beach right now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing place to live! It makes me want to go to the beach to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice images...Makes me want to go to the beach! Love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dream is to wake up and walk the beach every morning. So sad, there was trash mixed in with all that beauty, but you captured both beauty and the liter beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pictures. I live 30 minutes from the beach. I just need to enjoy it more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, I can almost smell the salt air! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool pics! I love the beach oh so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, these are great! I wish I could go visit a beach now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm...I wonder what it says about me if I confess the photo that really sticks with me is the one of the sandy toes. :) Love the shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pushing me towards the edge of needing a vaca on beach with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really great work! I always enjoy seeing your macro monday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just made me miss the ocean/beach so much!

    ReplyDelete